El Gouna – Transport and Accomodation
Are you not entirely sure, how to get to El Gouna and where to stay? We’ve got you covered! In this article, we bring you several personally verified recommendations, thanks to which you won’t have to worry anymore. Plus – you won’t have to spend your precious time by searching for the information by yourself.
To El Gouna
- For the entrance to the country, you will need a valid passport (with at least 6 months till passport expiration) and a visa.
Citizens of the Czech Republic and most of the European countries can obtain the required visa on the entrance points to the country – i.e. airports and harbors. The payment for the visa can be done only in cash, it costs 25 USD but can be paid also in EUR and EGP. The point of sale is located in front of the passport control.
- El Gouna is located 25 km north of Hurghada, so if you are heading to El Gouna, you will be flying to Hurghada Airport.
If you are travelling with your own kite equipment, we recommend you ordering the service of oversize baggage before.
Are you travelling to El Gouna with a travel agency? Great – the travel agency will most probably take care of the transport from the airport by a pre-selected bus with no additional costs.
For those who prefer to travel on their own, we recommend to arrange a taxi in advance – or contact us and we will help you with that.
- White Shark Limousine Services: +20 122 067 6464
- Please note that in Egypt it is not possible to call via WhatsApp. Therefore, we recommend that you make a reservation in advance via WhatsApp message.
- Price: maximum 30 EUR
If you do not manage to order transport in advance, no worries. Taxi services are available 24/7 at the airport and will take you to your final destination – you may just have to wait a bit for a free car. The journey from the airport to El Gouna takes about 25 minutes.
Transport in El Gouna
- In El Gouna you can rent a car, quad bike or scooter – this is the best choice. For those interested in renting a scooter, we will be at your disposal.
- Price: 850 EGP/day.
- Pricelist can be found here.
- Further typical modes of transport are taxis and tuk-tuks.
- The price for one tuk-tuk trip anywhere in El Gouna costs 20 EGP / person on average. Tuk-tuk will be available for you literally anywhere, the restaurant or reception staff can call you one if you do not catch any on the street.
- Taxis are usually a bit more expensive.
If you prefer staying in a hotel, we recommend portal Booking.com.
Our hotel recommendations: